Thank you for visiting Acts In Common!!!
For more information, membership or if you just have a question, contact:
Robin McCants at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership is open to all Lutheran* congregations in Southeast Michigan Synod that subscribe to the purpose and goals of this organization. Acts In Common member organizations will receive benefits, which include but are not limited to:
- Board assistance in identifying programs that prioritize the Strategic Objectives for your organization.
- An assessment of your organizational and community needs.
- Collaborative support from a network of leaders and organizations.
- Assistance in strategically involving your organization in community development opportunities.
- Participation in the national church organization via committees, task groups, grants, conventions, etc. that are channeled through AIC.
Membership is valid for one fiscal year, February 1 to January 31. Membership is renewed annually. Member organizations are entitled to representation at the AIC Annual Meeting as previously described in the Membership Categories section. Click to complete the membership form
- Acts In Common Congregations
Lutheran congregations in African-American communities
$1200/year; 2 delegates and pastor or official vote at annual meetings
- Partnering Congregations & Organizations
Non-Lutheran congregations and other organizations in African-American communities (or with specific African American focus)
$1000/year; 1 delegate and pastor or official vote at annual meetings
- Supporting Congregations & Organizations
Lutheran congregations and other organizations in non-African American communities
$600/year; 0 delegates. Access to annual meetings with voice, but no vote
Board meetings are open to members; for information on meeting dates/times, email email@example.com. Agenda items require a formal request in advance to the Board of Directors.